Whether you are new to this dynamic and passionate Community or have been a card-carrying member since birth, Abilities is here to help you engage on multiple levels. We have taken what is special about the live Abilities Expos and amplified it online to more effectively reach the 1 in 5 Americans living with a disability as well as the devoted caregivers, industry and health professionals that support them.
Enjoy compelling articles in the following categories. Use-now tips, entertaining opinion pieces and in-depth stories are there to promote your increased independence and better quality of life.
Abilities Expo will be in Los Angeles this weekend February 5-7, 2016 at the LA Convention Center.
Abilities Expo is about bringing necessary products and services together under one roof for the community of people with disabilities, their families, caregivers, seniors, and healthcare professionals. It’s about introducing opportunities that can enrich your life …especially ones that you never knew were out there.
Abilities Expo is a great resource for families with children with special needs and anyone interested in new adapted technologies and inclusion activities and sports.
At the expo you will see:
- New assistive technologies in the following areas: Augmentative Communication, Hearing,
Vision, Computer Access, Switches, Learning/Early Childhood, Adapted Toys
- Free workshops like: picking the right accessible vehicle, learning about exo-skeleton technology, and tips for traveling with a disability
- Adaptive sports and demos including: Adaptive climbing wall, adaptive skateboarding, power soccer, walk -roll- and dance team, wheelchair dancing, wheelchair tennis, adaptive basketball
- Learn about inclusive recreation activities
- Meet animals trained to help the disability community
- Free wheelchair repairs
FUTURE EXPO EVENTS
Los Angeles- Feb 5-7, 2016
New York Metro- April 29 – May 1, 2016
Chicago– June 24-26, 2016
Houston- August 5-7, 2016
Boston- September 16-18, 2016
Bay Area-November 18-20, 2016
DC Metro- Dec 2-4, 2016
Categories: Helpful Websites